Administration of Examinations
Section 11 of the Act (No. 9 of 1997) empowers the Council to approve curricula, examinations, and awards for autonomous non-University technical institutions and to conduct and set examinations for other non-autonomous institutions; confer certificates, diplomas, degrees and other related awards to students who have either completed successfully all components of an approved course of the Council; or been deemed by the Council on the basis of previous identifiable measurable learning experience to have satisfied some of the elements of the course and have completed and passed the remaining elements.
With this empowerment, NACTE is required to conduct, set examinations and grant awards for non-autonomous technical institutions and approve curricula, examinations and awards for autonomous institutions. In fulfilling this obligation, the Council has developed and operationalizes procedures for setting, moderating, standardizing, safe custody, transmission, marking and publishing examination results in respect of technical institutions. The developed procedures and their operational guiding tools include:
- Guidelines on the Conduct and Administration of Continuous Assessment;
- Procedures for Setting and Moderating Examinations conducted by Autonomous Institutions and NACTE;
- Procedures for Appointing Setters, Moderators, Supervisors, Invigilators and Markers of Examinations conducted by NACTE and Autonomous Institutions;
- Mechanism for Detection and Control of Cheating and Other Examination Irregularities for examinations conducted by NACTE and Autonomous Institutions including Continuous Assessments (CA);
- Procedures for Marking and Standardizing Examinations Conducted by both NACTE and Autonomous Institutions;
- Procedures for Assessing Examinations and Validating Systems for Examinations Conducted by both NACTE and Autonomous Institutions;
- Procedures for Printing Examinations, and Facilities and Means Amenable to Safe Custody and Transmission of Examinations to Designated Centers and Back to NACTE and the Safety Mechanism of the Entire Process;
- Procedures and the Criteria for Approving Examinations Set and Administered by Autonomous Institutions and Their Awards;
- Criteria for Determining Cost for Conducting Examinations, and Suggested Sources of Income for NACTE;
- Procedures for Publishing Examination Results for Examinations Conducted by both NACTE and Autonomous Institutions;
- Procedures for Evaluating Examinations Conducted by both NACTE and Autonomous Institutions; and
- Grading System for the Various National Technical Awards (NTA) by Considering the Weight and Hour Allocation of Given Modules.
All technical institutions in the Country have to follow the requirements as stipulated in these procedures in administering NTA Examinations.
- The documents are for sell and if you are in need of it, please contact NACTE with our address or come to our offices allocated at Plot No. 719/1/4, Mikocheni Light Industrial Area, adjacent Institute of Tax Administration