The Council allows technical institutions to collaborate with foreign institutions to deliver programmes accredited in the country of origin and has developed an application form for registration of such cross-border programmes. Prior to completing this application form, please make sure your institution meets the following requirements for offering cross-border programmes:
- The institution is accredited by NACTE at same or higher NTA Level than that of the proposed cross-border programme;
- There is a department to host the programme which is ready for recognition by NACTE;
- The institution has conducted a Needs Assessment for the programme;
- The programme is unique;
- The programme addresses societal and industrial needs in Tanzania;
- The programme is in high demand;
- The programme adds appreciable value to Tanzania’ development agenda; and
- The programme cannot be adequately offered locally.
Please note that the term “technical education” as used in this application form has the same meaning as in the National Council for Technical Education Act Cap 129, which defines technical education as education and training undertaken by students to equip them to play roles requiring higher levels of skill, knowledge and understanding and in which they take responsibility for their area of specialization.
Please note also that registration to offer cross border programmes is granted for a term of 5 years and may be renewed. The renewal process has to be initiated by the institution through an application form submitted to the Council at least 6 months before the previous registration expires.
For CBE provision, click the link below to download the form;